January Administrative Office Employee of the MonthNot only is Tracy McNuer considered a team player in the Laurens County School District 55 (LCSD 55) Administrative Office, but she is now also considered a life saver. In a recent announcement by Dr. Stephen Peters, LCSD 55 Superintendent, McNuer was named the January Employee of the Month for the administrative office. In addition to her positive attitude and skills, Peters noted that McNuer’s recent quick actions to assist a colleague who was choking made her the perfect recipient for the monthly award. Read more here.
L55 Introduces Summer Literacy InitiativeLaurens Lifelong Literacy (L3) Summer League provides free opportunities for 9-13 year old girls and boys across LCSD55. The summer program will fuse co-ed basketball and education through its three goals: live, learn, and literacy. Follow this link for additional information and to get a copy of the Player Registration Form.
Now Hiring Substitute TeachersFor information or to apply contact Nicole at 864-292-2888 ext. 208.
GC-O School Wins $5,000 Grant from Lowe'sGray Court-Owings School has received a $5,000 Lowe’s Toolbox for Education grant for updating an existing reading garden outside the library as well as providing STEM resources for students in the library. Follow the link for details.
Thank you to the SponsorsLCSD55 sincerely appreciates all who supported the 2018 State of the Schools Luncheon. Follow this link for a list of sponsors.
Laurens 55 Athletics Winter Schedules
- Girls' Varsity Basketball @ LDHS
- Girls' Junior Varsity Basketball @ LDHS
- Boys' Varsity Basketball @ LDHS
- Boys' Junior Varsity Basketball @ LDHS
- Boys' Freshman Basketball @ LDHS
- Boys' Varsity Wrestling @ LDHS
- Boys' JV/MS Wrestling @ LDHS
- Boys' MS Basketball @ GCO
- Girls' MS Basketball @ GCO
- Boys' MS Basketball @ HT
- Girls' MS Basketball @ HT
- Boys' MS Basketball @ LMS
- Girls' MS Basketball @ LMS
- Boys' MS Basketball @ SMS
- Girls' MS Basketball @ SMS
- McNuer is Employee of the Month
- LEAD Board of Directors Annual Meeting
- L3 Summer League Basketball
- Educator Recruitment Fair
- GC-O School Wins $5,000 Grant from Lowe's
- Registration 2018-2019
- School Counseling Week
- A Solid Financial Report
- State of the Schools Luncheon
- School Board Recognition Month
- Revised Information for New Student Registration
- Schools Return to Normal Schedule on Friday
- Recruiting Teachers a Priority for L55
- Operation Support Family Fire
- Profile: Ford Elementary
- Dr. Peters Goes to Washington
- Read Your Way to the Big Game
- Veteran's Day Programs in LCSD 55
- Principal for the Day