Welcome to Laurens County School District 55
8 days ago
Located in the heart of beautiful Laurens County, Laurens School District 55 has its administrative offices at 1029 West Main Street in Laurens, South Carolina. Nestled between Greenville, Spartanburg, and Columbia, the area provides peaceful living combined with convenient access to some of the state's most important metropolitan centers, its beaches, or the mountains
Laurens County School District 55 strives to be a system of excellence
and equity in educational practices for each learner. You can be
assured that your child will be attending a progressive school system
whose educational programs are designed to meet a wide variety of
interests, ability levels, and cultural backgrounds.
Are you new to the district?
your child in the school system here is a relatively simple matter.
You should have signed a statement of release in the school district
from which you have moved. This enables District 55 to receive a copy
of your child's records from that school system. If you did not do this
before relocating, someone at the school to which your child is
assigned in District 55 will be glad to assist you. Take your child's
previous report cards and other school records that you may have with
Links providing additional information for those new to the community
A Message from the Superintendent
Directory of Schools and Programs
State Superintendent Spearman Visits L55
11 days ago
Dr. Billy Strickland, Mrs. Cassie Power, and
Mrs. Molly Spearman
LDHS NJROTC Color Guard
More than 400 educators gathered at Laurens District 55 High School on August 17 for the district’s annual opening assembly. During her address to the group of educators, Cassie Power, 2015 District Teacher of the Year, noted, “Teaching is a calling. It is our responsibility to love our students and to teach them to show the world their awesomeness.” Power shared that as educators, it is important to help students realize that failure isn’t always a bad thing; rather it is often an opportunity to learn from what went wrong and use it to move toward success. “As teachers, we must be there for students to help them work through bad days.”
Addressing the group, District 55 Superintendent Billy Strickland noted, “Caring about your work, surrounding yourself with good people, and showing that you care about others is important in any profession.” Strickland referred to District 55’s staff as hard-working, committed, and supportive, and credited the district’s 15% graduation rate improvement to the efforts of everyone in the district. “Our graduation rate is not a high school issue. It takes everyone working together from the first day of kindergarten to produce student success.”
Molly Spearman, South Carolina State Superintendent of Education, was the featured guest speaker for the event. Spearman shared the statewide vision that every graduate should be prepared for success in society. “Thank you for choosing education as your profession,” remarked Spearman. “Educating a student is so much more than teaching content. We must incorporate team work, integrity, and perseverance into our efforts so that South Carolina schools are producing students who can be successful in society.”South Carolina State Superintendent of Education Molly Spearman
Vision, Mission, Beliefs, Expectations
about 1 month ago
Laurens County School District 55 will be a system of excellence and equity in educational practices for each learner.
The mission of Laurens County School District 55 is to create a community of learners who are
responsible and productive citizens.
In District 55, we believe that . . .
- Children are our most valuable resource.
- Every individual can learn and can be successful.
- Every individual can make a valuable contribution to society.
- The total education of our children is the shared responsibility of our students, parents, schools, community, and government.
- The family is the primary influence in the development of an individual.
- A diversified education strengthens individuals and society.
- Every individual deserves to be treated with dignity, fairness, and respect.
- Each individual has different needs and deserves equal opportunities for success in learning.
- Excellence is achievable through high expectations and continuous improvement.
- All students have the right to learn in a safe, clean, and comfortable environment.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- All students deserve a relevant and challenging education that prepares them for the future.
All system decisions will be based on data to meet the needs of our students.
Laurens County School District 55 expects . . .
- every individual to be treated with dignity and respect.
- everyone to accept responsibility for maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly environment in order to optimize learning opportunities.
- every staff member to work to improve communication in order to increase awareness of and involvement in our continuous improvement efforts.
- our schools to provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum based on best practices for each student as outlined by the district, state, and nation.
- all staff to make every moment matter in order to provide each student with an excellent educational opportunity.
Information for Parents
11 days ago
Code of Student Conduct
Family-Friendly Guides to SC Academic Standards
Free/Reduced Meal Application
- Chronic Illness
- Nonprescription Medications
- Prescription Medications
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Report to the Community
Right to Know
South Carolina Sex Offender Registry
School Contact Information
Student Health and Safety
Student Health Screenings
Student Supplies Lists
Summer Reading Lists
- Babies and Toddlers
- Beginning Readers
- Elementary Grades
Title 1 Federal Program