Welcome to Laurens County School District 55
about 1 month ago
Located in the heart of beautiful Laurens County, Laurens School District 55 has its administrative offices at 1029 West Main Street in Laurens, South Carolina. Nestled between Greenville, Spartanburg, and Columbia, the area provides peaceful living combined with convenient access to some of the state's most important metropolitan centers, its beaches, or the mountains
Laurens County School District 55 strives to be a system of excellence
and equity in educational practices for each learner. You can be
assured that your child will be attending a progressive school system
whose educational programs are designed to meet a wide variety of
interests, ability levels, and cultural backgrounds.
Are you new to the district?
your child in the school system here is a relatively simple matter.
You should have signed a statement of release in the school district
from which you have moved. This enables District 55 to receive a copy
of your child's records from that school system. If you did not do this
before relocating, someone at the school to which your child is
assigned in District 55 will be glad to assist you. Take your child's
previous report cards and other school records that you may have with
Links providing additional information for those new to the community
A Message from the Superintendent
Directory of Schools and Programs
Vision, Mission, Beliefs, Expectations
3 months ago
Laurens County School District 55 will be a system of excellence and equity in educational practices for each learner.
The mission of Laurens County School District 55 is to create a community of learners who are
responsible and productive citizens.
In District 55, we believe that . . .
- Children are our most valuable resource.
- Every individual can learn and can be successful.
- Every individual can make a valuable contribution to society.
- The total education of our children is the shared responsibility of our students, parents, schools, community, and government.
- The family is the primary influence in the development of an individual.
- A diversified education strengthens individuals and society.
- Every individual deserves to be treated with dignity, fairness, and respect.
- Each individual has different needs and deserves equal opportunities for success in learning.
- Excellence is achievable through high expectations and continuous improvement.
- All students have the right to learn in a safe, clean, and comfortable environment.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- All students deserve a relevant and challenging education that prepares them for the future.
All system decisions will be based on data to meet the needs of our students.
Laurens County School District 55 expects . . .
- every individual to be treated with dignity and respect.
- everyone to accept responsibility for maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly environment in order to optimize learning opportunities.
- every staff member to work to improve communication in order to increase awareness of and involvement in our continuous improvement efforts.
- our schools to provide a rigorous and relevant curriculum based on best practices for each student as outlined by the district, state, and nation.
- all staff to make every moment matter in order to provide each student with an excellent educational opportunity.
IN THE SPOTLIGHT
5 days ago
Gray Court-Owings School is planning for their 2nd Annual Family Fun Day! The school will also participate in the upcoming Walk At School Day. Ms. Fay is pictured here with the bulletin board promoting these events and encouraging healthy habits.
Information for Parents
7 days ago
Code of Student Conduct
Family-Friendly Guides to SC Academic Standards
Free/Reduced Meal Application
- Chronic Illness
- Nonprescription Medications
- Prescription Medications
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Report to the Community
Right to Know
South Carolina Sex Offender Registry
School Contact Information
Student Health and Safety
Student Health Screenings
Student Supplies Lists
Summer Reading Lists
- Babies and Toddlers
- Beginning Readers
- Elementary Grades
Title 1 Federal Program