Student Support Team
The Student Support Team (SST) is a school-based,decision-making, problem-solving team.
The SST is designed to assist educators in the development of learning and intervention strategies for students who are experiencing problems. The SST is designed to provide support for the students who are showing significant academic, behavior and/or social difficulties.
The SST chairperson has the following responsibilities:
• Scheduling the meeting and inviting the necessary persons
• Ensuring that information about the student is brought to the meeting
• Ensuring the orderly functioning of the meeting
• Ensuring that required signatures are obtained for SST documentation
• Ensuring that intervention strategies are documented
• Maintaining a register of SST referrals
• Scheduling follow-up meetings
• Organizing and transferring IDEA referral information to the Special Education District Staff.
Overview of Student Support Team Meetings:
At the initial meeting, the team will review documented information from the referral source and review strategies he/she has implemented to effect academic/behavior change. The team will recommend additional interventions for the referral source to implement.
At subsequent SST meetings, the team will review the effectiveness of the interventions. At this time, further recommendations may be made, or the team may agree that no further action is required.
The amount of time between the initial meetings and the follow-up meetings should be sufficient to allow for the implementation of interventions.
The Student Support Team referral and any team documentation are to be kept by the Student Support Team chairperson in a secure location and should not be placed in the student’s cumulative file.
SST FormsStudent Support Team Procedures
- Historia De Salud Y Desarrollo - Impresion de papel rosa.