The PTA Advantage
over 2 years ago
PTA/PTSA (collectively referred to as PTA) is the oldest and largest child advocacy association in America. PTA is comprised of four million parents, teachers, students (middle and high school), grandparents, caregivers, foster parents, and other caring adults who share a commitment to improving the education, health, and safety of all children. PTA speaks with one voice for every child.
Today, the issues that affect our children extend beyond their individual schools. PTA's nationwide network provides members with the forum and tools to collectively influence the decisions that affect children not only at their schools, but also throughout their districts, within their states, and across the nation. This mission is unique to PTA.
Many of the benefits our children receive today, such as universal kindergarten, the National School Lunch Program, and a juvenile justice system, were accomplished as a result of PTA's mission.
With PTA, families also have access to important benefits, including:
- Dozens of national programs, experts, and turnkey resources
- Regular updates and advice in the form of e-newsletters, PTA.org, Our Children Magazine, and a robust back-to-school kit of resources
- Leadership development through webinars and e-learning courses
- Millions of dollars in grants to help build PTA capacity and skills and make a difference in their school community
- Prestigious national awards
- Cost savings from national retailers and other PTA partners
- Invitations to PTA conventions as well as our conferences for emerging minority leaders, male mentors, and advocates
- Support services and staff to help establish and manage your PTA