PowerSchool Parent Portal
a year ago
- Username and passwords are to be kept confidential.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to protect the security of the login and password. Laurens 55 School District accepts no responsibility in the event the username and password is shared, given, stolen, or in any other way becomes the possession of a person other than the parent/guardian.
- The parent/guardian will need to visit the school office and show a picture ID to receive their access code/password.
- If you have questions concerning your child’s posted information, you may take the following steps:
- Talk to your child to ask him about his grades or attendance.
- Review the teacher’s grading policy. Remember the information on PowerSchool® is subject to change and the information posted is not the official Progress Report, Report Card or Student Transcript.
- Email the teacher with your questions or concerns.
- Request a meeting with the teacher following the school procedures for arranging meetings.
- The system will allow one account to access multiple students. More than one person can set up an account to access each student’s information.
- PowerSchool® Parent Portal is not the official record. Information on the portal may not be complete or correct at all times and is constantly being updated. For official student records contact your child’s teacher.
- This is a resource for parents, but the types of information provided may change at any time.
- The school district does not provide technical support for your home/work computer system. Some helpful documents are posted on the District website for parents to utilize.
- The District will monitor parent access to PowerSchool® Parent Portal. The system logs date of login, time accessed, and duration of login (in minutes).
- Parents/guardians should remember that email and other communications over the Internet are not guaranteed to be private and are subject to State and Federal Law.
- Each teaching professional may use different assignments and number of assignments to assess student performance. Different subject matter is assessed using different frequency and number of assignments. Do not compare teachers or expect teachers to use the same methods of assessment.
- Attendance is taken once a day in the elementary and middle schools and each period at the high school. Attendance is updated as soon as the teacher enters it. If you have a question concerning attendance, please contact the Attendance Office at your child’s school.
- Laurens 55 School District is providing this access as a privilege, and the account may be suspended and/or terminated at any time without cause.
- Laurens School District 55 is not liable for any damages to personal equipment or software when connected to the PowerSchool® System. Laurens 55 School District and its officers, employees, and agents are released from any claims and damages resulting from use of the system.
- All data are the property of Laurens 55 School District and is only available to parents of students currently in attendance. The system may be unavailable during summer breaks and during periods of system maintenance.