Teacher Reservation Information
Planning a Class Visit
The Joe R. Adair Outdoor Education Center is open to all public schools in Laurens County School District 55 and Laurens County School District 56. Teachers may select from a variety of lessons, ranging from one hour to an all day Problem Based Learning Investigation. If more than one class is in attendance, the expectation will be for a teacher to lead one class while the director leads the other. Curriculum materials are available if needed, including team building games, scavenger hunts, and self-guided tours. There are also hiking trails, a rope swing, and games for break times. Whether an hour or a day, students and teachers will enjoy all the Joe R. Adair Outdoor Education Center has to offer.
Teachers, please submit your reservation request to Tanya Towne at email@example.com.
You will receive a reservation confirmation via email if the requested date is available.
Be sure to include the following information in your request:
- 2 or 3 possible dates of visit
- school name
- grade level(s)
- number of students
- number of teachers
- standards you want to have covered during the visit
- Do you want to make s'mores? If yes, the teacher must provide needed supplies.
- Do you want to tour the old pioneer cabin?
- Do you want to have a nature trail walk?
- Do you want to have a team-building game/activity?
Please feel free to contact Ms. Towne by phone at 864-984-5492 should you have any questions.